Monday, August 26, 2019

Last Monday of the Month?

I was going to do a First Monday of the Month for August, and then forgot entirely about it. I’ll try to remember to do one next week, but no guarantees on that.

So here’s a Last Monday Of The Month.

I haven’t really done anything during August for quilting, not even the quilt that I promised my mother I would have done for her branch of Soroptimists International.

My original idea was this quilt – the Lava Flow pattern – made out of 2.5” x 4.5” blocks. It’s dramatic and interesting and unusual and modern.

August quilts

Except that mum asked for a ‘pretty’ quilt. So I dug up some older fabrics that I haven’t really hada use for and have made a ‘pretty’ quilt out of far simpler blocks:

August quilts

Hopefully can get the top done by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!