Monday, June 8, 2020

2020 QAL Q2 Plans and Finishes

So, Q1 didn't exactly go as I planned, and Q2 has kind of been screwed up by a sudden rush of coronavirus sewing.

But making lists helps me parse what's really important in my sewing, mostly because I decide whether or not I really do want to sew that after all when I look at the lists. :)

Finished

Of my Q1 finish list I managed four things! FOUR! That rarely happens!

1. I finally made mum's laptop sleeve.

2. I finally sewed up the hem on B2's dress.

4. I completed my Sydney Mod Squad quilt blocks for the 2020 quilt.

5. I decided on a quilt (well, two actually) for the 2020 Sydney Quilt Show: my Break Free Or Build Upon quilt, and a new one that I'm calling Interconnected.

Of course, deciding is not finishing (or, let's be real, even starting).

--

Planned to finish

1. Penny Patch: On The Roof
I've already done two of these, just got to do the 2nd two. They were originally the quilts for the C4 cousins, but I don't think the patterns really suit them anymore. I don't know what I'm going to do with them, but I might as well finishg the tops.

2. The Quilt Is Lava
This was going to be the raffle quilt for my mother's charity group last year before I changed my mind and made something a little less boldly modern. Again, I don't know what it's going to be used for, but I need to use up scraps and stuff and this is the project I've chosen.

3. Break Free Or Build Upon
Plain Jane Passacaglia

Just needs quilting!

I slso have the 2020 UFO challenge which looks a little nuts:
- mum's laptop case
- c4 quilts 1+2
- c4 quilts 3+4
- penny patch on the roof
- 3:10 to Mendocino
- stars of avo
- the quilt is lava
- dancing starts
- 50 stars of blue (might make it 49 stars, or need to work out what else to do with this)


Planned to start

1. Interconnected
Intended for the Sydney Quilt Show. Will probably have a permaculture theme to it. Needs cutting, piecing, quilting.

I should probably start that ASAP.

2. A Plaid-ish quilt in Cotton+Steel.

3. A Power of Three quilt. I was thinking maybe from Heather Ross Mendocino, since I still have a lot of that and want to use up the scraps where possible, and this has the option for squares as small as 1.5"

4. A shoulderbag for mum. Although I gave her the laptop case, she actually wanted a particular fabric that was very pretty but I couldn't bring myself to make the laptop case from it, because laptops are only a couple of years, right, while a bag can last much longer...

I decided on the Clydebank Tote by Sew Sweetness. Just gotta patch the fabric together because the print she wanted isn't large enough...

Hoo boy. Never let it be said I don't aim high.

1 comment:

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!