Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Missing links and pattern pieces...

One of the most frustrating things about the internet is the issue of missing links. Websites come and websites go, but the links to them remain the same. So a link that worked five years ago doesn't work anymore, because the site is no longer there and neither are the downloads.

I've been looking for New York Beauty blocks, and they're surprisingly hard to find after the original free 10 ones. I was hoping to find more free NYB blocks, but these days the blocks are either sold or missing.

Oh well. It's not like I'm going to make a NYB quilt anytime soon. Way too many other quilts to make...assuming their links still work.

My most recent sewing work has been the making of a boxy pouch for my SIL-to-be for Christmas. But before that there was a Secret Santa swap, and a banner for the US Inauguration next year.

Pretty Tote Bag

The bag is unhelpfully called 'Pretty Tote Bag' and is free, but the site is entirely in Korean, which I don't read. However, the video is perfectly cromulent for instruction and the bag is indeed pretty!

Various
Various Various

Inauguration Banner

I'm mildly displeased with the vertical spacing on this. Not at all even! Ah well. I made it so she can hang it in her window, from one of those horizontal flagpole things that they do outside US houses, or put it on a crosspole in a march, like a standard bearer!

Various

Star curtain

Oh, and this curtain section to hang up in the window for Christmas!

Various

You can't see the 'vanes' of the star from this photograph, but it looks quite spectactular in person.

I keep on dreaming of making a full nativity diorama, with wise men, shepherds, and the holy family... It's a lot of piecing work, so the chances are probably 'never'.

Other than that, I'm trying to sew a dress for a couple of weddings in January. Assuming that we manage to get our current COVID cases (3 new today) under control... I'm not really liking our chances...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!