Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fabric Friday!

I've been busy writing for the last week (to a deadline) - 10,000 words in the last three days, so it's time for a break!

Time for Fabric Friday!

Recent acquisitions include:

Yardage from Robert Kaufman's 'Valley Of The Kings' series, in the Jewel colourstory.
Valley Of The Kings In Jewel

It's going into a single quilt, I think. I still have to work out the design.

My purchases from the Sydney Quilt And Craft Show last week:
Quilt Show take!

Including a Sunkissed layer cake which I think I'll turn into a nice large quilt top for Spring (when it comes), and some colour-heavy fat quarters. Such lovely colours!

Yardage from Sew Fresh Fabrics:
sewfreshfabrics

Just a lot of stuff I liked, including Zesty Zinnias, Flowers from Just Wing It, Spring Street, Mariposa in Swirl, and Dogwood Blossoms...

I started sorting through my batiks this week, trying to work out what and how to use them. And deciding whether I need to buy more of any colour. *coughs*

Most came in FQ bundles which I've finally undone and started sorting by colour:
beserk with batiks

But I left one group together because I like the colour scheme:
pacific batiks

It needs some strong yellows, but I'm thinking this one's going into a quilt that I'll call Hawaii Five-O, after the TV show which is presently making my days happy!

And then I bought a lot of stuff from Fabricworm while they were having a sale (damn you, sales!):

Bundle 1:
fabricworm collection 3

Bundle 2:
fabricworm collection 2

Bundle 3:
fabricworm collection 1

Lots of Silent Cinema in this one. I have plans for it later this year.

Anyway, that's quite a lot of purchasing. Now to see if I can use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!