Thursday, March 30, 2023

WIP: the one with Pouffles

Windows are likely going to be in the next three-ish weeks.

Therefore, in a rush to clear my sewing room, I finished up the Scrap-Filled Pouffle.

WIP Wednesday - 2023-03-29

And then discovered I didn't have enough scraps for it...

Pouffle

I mean, who'd have ever thought that I didn't have enough scraps to fill it! Anyway, I added a cushion and a bunch of larger scraps and paddings to fill it out, and it's looking a little better:

WIP Wednesday

Still not great, though!

With the windows due for replacement, pretty much all quilting is going on hold for the next month. I might have to do a really swift quilt of Surplus To Requirement in May, just to get it sufficiently done for the Quilt Show, and I would really like to edge the quilts that I have still waiting so it can all go out in the next few weeks.

One of the things the sorting/tidying/boxing thing is doing is getting me to go through stuff and sort it out - eg. the pouffle, which I've been intending to make for a couple of years now, but have only just done through necessity. But I have two boxes of fabric to be rid of and the struggle is going to be finding anyone to take it. Apparently people aren't buying right now.

I put this collection of scrap blocks up on the board, though, just to get something up there, because it was looking really blank when I did my TikTok videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!