Sunday, January 2, 2022

Finish-Along 2021 (yes, 2021)

Finally finished a couple of my Q1 2021 projects:

My mother's tote/handbag, which she finally received for Christmas!

Q1 finish along 2021 Q1 finish along 2021

Pattern from a YouTube video: DIY PRETTY TOTE BAG.

However, I made Mum's version with a leather base, and little metal feet for it to sit on. Also, obviously the Alison Glass Art Theory panel was fussy-cut.

A Sicily slip dress:

Q1 finish along 2021 Q1 finish along 2021

I feel like I need better curves to display this dress to maximum effect. It looks okay on me, but it'd look really good on anyone with a larger hip-to-waist ratio.

In a terrible irony, I have had nowhere to wear this dress. Christmas-New Year has been heavily constrained by the Omicron variant of COVID running loose through NSW (The 'Domicron' variant is my nickname for it, based on the politician who's been "letting it rip" through the community.) and so I haven't been going out. We didn't have Christmas Day because the host discovered he was a close-contact on Christmas Eve, and we didn't have Boxing Day because my stepbrother and stepSIL ended up having their baby on Christmas Day and so weren't able to make Boxing Day lunch (although they did manage briefly on the 27th, and we spent a little time with them).

Then, NYE was utterly quiet (I was supposed to go visit some friends on a farm, but decided to take the time to hunker down and recover from the year instead.) So the dress is made, and yet unworn...

In other Finish-Along plans, this year I'm going to whittle down my stash, making 6 scrap quilts (that will likely go to friends at church), and 6 'cousin' quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!