Thursday, November 2, 2023

WIP Wednesday - the one with backings!

In honour of the style of my WIP Wednesday titles: RIP Matthew Perry. I was a HUGE fan of 'Friends' back in my early 20s, but lost interest long before the end.

Thus passes our youth! (sic gloria transit mundi, etc., etc.)

--

In more mundane news: two more quilts have homes!

1. The orange Penny Patch - LG.

Quilts 2023
I was a bit surprised that L chose this, I would have thought she'd go for the Rainbow Around The World.

2. Grandmother's puzzle - NS - needs a backing.

Late October 2023
Another surprise - this is a somewhat traditional quilt with one 'odd' block. The blocks were gifted to me in a 'birthday block swap' but I found I didn't like the fabrics once I'd received them. Then one block was missing and one block was the wrong side, so the blocks sat around languishing forever, until I finally decided I'd make up the missing blocks and sew it all together as a top.

Still to offer to: JS, SG, AG, KR, RR, DP, DP.

In fact, about 3/4 of the quilts I'm offering still need backings, which I'm thinking should mean I sew a bunch of FQs together... I mean, that's the theory. 

Although I just pulled out a slew of 'old collections' that I've been 'saving for a rainy day'. Eh. Screw that. They're going out as backings!Late October 2023

(Except what that really means is that I'm about to have a whole new generation of scraps turning up and ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH. Oh well, I guess I can further stuff the pouffle.)

If I can get the selected quilts and their backings and their battings to the quilter before I go away, then I can bind them when I get back. (ahahaha, or, y'know, in a year's time when I actually get around to it). 

Still have the binding on multiple quilts to do. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!