Friday, December 28, 2018

Q4 Finish: Two Backings

My Q4 Finish-Along List

2. Two Quilt Backings

These two quilts have been finished for at least a year, but weren't sent off to the quilter until a few months ago. I'm hoping to get them back early in the new year, and then they can go off to their new homes.

2018 FAL: Q4 - two backings

The one on the left is a 'birthday block' quilt, where I joined a monthly block-along - you select a free-pattern block for your birthday month and everyone makes that block in your requested colours and posts it to you, and you make a block that they've requested in their colours for their birthday month.

WIP Wednesday

I did it for two years and didn't really enjoy either of them, and found I didn't much like the blocks I got. Also, I wanted the quilt to be bigger than 12x 12" blocks layout could make it, so I made four more to bring it to 16 and make it four by four.

The one of the right is a gift to my cousin's son. His sister got the Walkabout quilt, and I've been owing him a quilt for a couple of years now...



I was hoping to have it by Christmas but it's not yet back from the quilter's. *sigh*

1 comment:

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!