Monday, October 16, 2017

Q4 goals 2017 (but not the finish along)

I completely forgot to do the follow-up for the Q3 Finish Along 2017, let alone post the goals for Q4.

I did get the Technicolor Galaxy finished, and four quilts sent off to the quilter. However everything else was a bust.

So: this last quarter...

1. quilts for Dan and Cam

Dan and Cam are the sons of friends I gave a quilt to for their wedding, the boys are 8 and 6, and I stayed with them down near Ballarat earlier this year.

I think I'll make the quilt with the same block I did their parents' wedding quilt, only in the colours of their room. (And it might be time to make the parents a new quilt, in colours suitable to the style of their bedroom?)

This could possibly be postponed to April/May next year when they come to Sydney...


2. quilt for Jeremy

Jeremy is my cousin's son, to whom I promised a quilt to sometime this year, but which I will really need to get done before Christmas, which is when I'll probably see him again, our family being the kind to gather at Christmas.


3. Break Free or Build Upon (finish the top)

I just want the top done so I can decide what I'm going to do with it. Perhaps attempt entry to the Modern Quilt Show in the US?


4. Passacaglia

Penny Poppleton made an excellent suggestion for What To Do with my Passacaglia, and it might cut down the amount of time I spend finishing everything off CONSIDERABLY. Which is all to the good.


5. Sydney Mod Squad blocks

Group Quilt blocks need doing by December. Easy enough. (hahaha)


6. Swarm II

I'm thinking I'll make this (again), pattern it, and enter it into the Sydney Quilt Show next year, along with Break Free and Build Upon....

But gotta get moving first! So many things to do, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!