Friday, October 20, 2023

a question of degrees?

I've been in the same church study group for the last four? five? years.

We're a bit of an oddball bunch, tbh, but we've become friends and maybe a little bit confidantes over the years. It's a space where we can ask questions about matters where there's room for grace, and receive answers that maybe aren't entirely orthodox according to the staunchly conservative tradition and leadership of our church.

We have a lot of space for grace.

I've been intended to give the other members of the group (okay, the couples in the groups) quilts for a while now, but kept on putting it off...

Well, this term we've just been asked to take a newer couple into the study, and while we finally agreed to do so, it puts me in a bit of a bind! (haha)

Under other circumstances, I would have brought quilts along to our group's end-of-year party and gotten people to choose one they liked. Except now the end of year party is likely to feature this new couple who I've only just met (in fact, haven't even met the man, he's been off on a mission trip thingy) and...I don't know them, and I don't really want to give them a quilt.

Sorry, but a lot of time and energy and effort goes into these things and I don't bother trying to sell them anymore, I gift them to charities or to people I know and love. 

Wip Wednesday late august

Anyway, the tricky part.

How to ask people what quilt they want, and then get them to choose one (or two), and then gift it to them but without doing it all in front of this new couple (because that would be really impolite)? Also: what if the quilts aren't ready by Christmas? I really only have six weeks before I go on holidays, and tbh, it's a little terrifying how FAST this is all coming up!

Maybe I could just message the members one by one and ask them if they'd like a quilt and offer them what I have? Then at least I know which ones to prioritise.

the list:
2x rainbow curves
2x break free or build upon
1x rainbow around-the-world
1x woodland dead simple
1x penny patch
1x scarlet split-square

I also still have these tops:
2x laid-back plaidish
2x postage stamp

Sheeeeeeeeeeesh. So many of these to get done, still. And that's before you calculate the entirety of the fabric I have stored in my study/sewing room...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!