Sunday, September 4, 2011

Gothic Summer Sampler - finishing off the top



Confession time! I'm not really eager to do the Kansas Dust Storm - too much paper piecing. So I'm skipping that and replacing it with others. I actually want a 4x4 block quilt for the squareness and to make it a little larger - hopefully I can still complete it in time for the craft swap!

So, with 9 blocks, here are the remaining 7 planned blocks for the Gothic Summer Sampler:
1. Evening Star
2. Rocky Road to Kansas
3. VOS Denise's Star
4. Pennsylvania
5. Texas Rose
6. Bear Tracks
7. All Hallows Variation

That'll make it a 4x4 block quilt, of around 50 inches square.

Or I might decide that enough is enough and just stop here at 3x3...

I'm debating whether or not to give it a 4" black framing border, or just bind the edge in red. Or perhaps a thin black border, a wider skull border, and the edge bound in red.

Not sure what I'll do for the back. Maybe the skull fabric?

One thing I can say about this quilt, though: no careful sewing of the binding! They're going to get zig-zagged scarlet thread sewing! And they're going to like it!

I'm hoping to get them done this week, and then sew it all together on the weekend. We can hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!