Wednesday, June 26, 2019

FAL Q2 Finish: Bind and send Birthday Stars


Q2 Goals Post

binding
- Birthday Stars: it's sitting around taking up space!


Done and sent!

This one's been around since, oh, 2013-ish as well. I did a birthday block swap for a couple of years (2011-2012, I believe) and while this one went better than the first one (where the sizes were all over the place, and people used rather crappy fabrics), I still didn't feel like the blocks were me. I ended up making another five blocks to make it 4x4 blocks and a 'colourwash' (sort of).

It looks much better now!

Finish along 2019 Q2


On the back, I made another quilt top, experimenting with 'wonky' log cabins. (I know, they don't look wonky, but they are a little.)

Q2 FAL
I had to add a border to the Birthday Stars flimsy to make it large enough for the Wonky Cabins, but I like the result.

I didn't take a photo of it hanging, so I'll have to ask my friend to send me a proper photo when she receives it.

Three QAL finishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!