This post is very much overdue. I simply haven't had the picture to put it all together.
Having completed my mum's quilt, the "ImpStar" (started about 15 months ago), I figured I should hurry up and finish the stepdad's pillowslips (which my mum asked me to make at least a couple of years ago).
The fabric is Imperial Collection 6, which I accidentally ordered while trying to get hold of more Imperial Collection 7 for Mum's ImpStar quilt. Oops!
The first panel - Fans and Flowers - came with the FQ bundle, but the second panel is entirely unrelated and something I found in the Blue Mountains, at the delightfully-named Picklemouse Corner in Leura, almost a year ago while I was at a writer's retreat.
I spotted it, thought "oh, that could work with the collection" got home and discovered that it pretty much perfectly matched! Don't you love it when a good plan comes together?
Draped over the big body-pillow to get a feel for how it's going to look!
Ready for basting and quilting!
No batting, just the top and two layers of cotton to give it a bit of thickness.
First time I used my quilting gloves! Great for moving the quilt around (although I need a bigger machine arm and a decent platform on which to rest the quilt).
The quilting is not very good. I started with a variation on an Angela Walter FMQ pattern "Tiles" only to realise that it didn't really work for triangles.
So I switched to straight-line quilting with a walking foot. Much easier and a bit more in keeping with the style of the blocks.
Finished body pillow!
And all together now and laid out on the parental bed!
They're very happy with it, and I'm very happy with it. It's all good!