Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WIP Wednesday: the one with summer dresses!

It has been a busy and not-busy week.

The busy has been in general sewing activity. The not-so-busy has been in general quilting activity.

WIP

Butterick 5317 in Heirloom

I took it into my head to make this dress back in, oh, January. It would figure that I only start making it once it gets too cold to wear it!

Dress! For summer! In a fabric line from 2years ago! #retro #fashion #dressmaking
Ignore the mess of my WIR! *facepalm*

I like the design, I like the way it looks on me, and it goes beautifully with the Joel Dewberry Heirloom range in voile!

However, I will be travelling to the US in August-September, specifically San Francisco, Estes Park in Colorado, Raleigh in North Carolina, and New York City, and so I am hoping for sunny skies, warm weather, and the opportunity to wear this in temperatures above 20C!

Santorini Sun And Sky

I have otherwise been binding one of my quilt for the show - the Santorini Sun And Sky.

Santorini Sun and sky binding

I still have to make the sleeve for the hanging rod. And one for the Eternity Quilt. This will be a new experience... *meeps*

things to be done

And there's the Blogger's Quilt Festival on this week and next, until the 31st May! So many pretty quilts! I'm going to enter a couple (eternity, and the new york cat mat) and we'll see how we go!

Short and sweet!

What have you been doing this week? Have you linked up at Freshly Pieced?

5 comments:

  1. That dress! I love it! Your right the pattern was made for that fabric. I've already made a note of the pattern number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog from WiP Wednesday, and I love that dress! That line is wonderful for a dress. Have fun in Raleigh, I'm from there originally! Happy WiP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuuute dress! Looks so comfy and fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress looks great. I actually want to make myself a dress too...have the pattern and fabric, now to find the time. =)

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!