Wednesday, February 10, 2016

WIP Wednesday: the one with namelessness


WIPs

Hello Luscious

I don't really have a name for this quilt; I've had the pieces lying around for ages, and the pattern is from Camille Roskelley's "Simply Retro" book of quilts.

At the @sydmodsquad sew-in. Chain piecing is the best! #helloluscious #basicgreyfabric #modafabric

The layer cake of Hello Luscious has been sitting around for ages; it's not really my style anymore and I probably should have sold it, but but but but but...

Hello luscious blocks

Did the work at the Sydney Mod Squad sew-in on Sunday - first Sunday of the month at Hobbysew Top Ryde, if you're in Sydney and would like to come along, it's all-day machine sewing, good friends, happy chats, and all things quilty.


Plain Jane Passacaglia

I'm missing the B-pieces for my latest rosette:

#plainjanepassacaglia takes forever when it's only occasional commuting.

Slightly annoying.


TO DO: BACK ALL THE QUILTS!

1. Shattered Star
2. The Seaweed Is Always Greener
3. 3:10 to Mendocino
4. Intulawoven

All of which can vaguely be seen in this photo of my workroom:

Quilting workroom


I know there's no longer a WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced, but that was pretty much keeping me honest. Not sure if someone else is running something - if you spot something, do let me know! I don't get much traffic my way - my style is too modern for some, too traditional for others, and I don't have the time to get involved in much by way of QALs and bloghops right now. Life can get incredibly busy.

I'm more frequently on Instagram these days as @seldear if you'd like to follow me there. However I will continue to post the WIP Wednesdays as I go!


1 comment:

  1. I haven't done a WIP post for ages, I didn't know that Freshly Pieced had given it up! Will pop over and follow you on IG too (I'm @sewgiving)

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!