Wednesday, March 2, 2016

WIP Wednesday: the one with a finished quilt top

It's hard to do WIP Wednesdays when there's no linky party. The inspiration to post something (to scream into the void of the intarwebs) is kind of gone.

But this is what I did in February; it's not much, there were health issues at play. March is looking up, however, and I completed this last night.

My February finish. This had been lying around for a while now, all cut up, but not put together. And now to work on the Sydney Quilt Show entry for this year...

I've had this one cut up in pieces for two years, but didn't start it until the February Super Sew-In with the Sydney Mod Squad.

At the @sydmodsquad sew-in. Chain piecing is the best! #helloluscious #basicgreyfabric #modafabric

It actually came together pretty fast at first. Chain-piecing FTW!

Hello luscious blocks

But then there were health issues, and trimming, and heatwaves, and cats...

Oh Mal.  #advenchuresofsmokeyandmal

It wasn't until Saturday night that I felt like picking it up again.

Even if this is not a quilt I am likely to adore, it's so nice to have my #sewjo back! #saturdaynightcraftalong

But once I got it started, it was easier to keep going, and I sewed and ironed the last rows together last night.

The pattern is from Camille Roskelley's "Simplify", and the fabric is Basic Grey's "Hello Luscious". It's a pretty quilt, but it doesn't speak to me the way quilts like "Swarm" and "Intulawoven" do.

--

Next up, I have to plan for the Sydney Quilt Show 2016. There's a design plan, but I guess we'll see about whether it's doable...



2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the WIP Wednesday link... I miss it... it motivated me to get stuff done...LOVE your quilt... very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely quilt, perhaps not as geometric as Swarm or Intulawoven, but very nice. Looking forward to seeing it's completion.

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!