Sunday, March 19, 2017

COMPLETED TOP: Friendship Supernova

2017-FAL-BUTTON-300
Q1 link-up

My Q1 List Of Goals

I started this quilt a couple of years ago - a friendship block swap of Supernova blocks back in 2014, where the colours were blue, green, and yellow. My partner was Sandra from the USA and it took us a little longer for both of us to get the blocks sent out than most.

Deciding on the colour layout for the #supernovafriendship #blockswap. It's harder than it seems!

And after receiving all the blocks...I just sat on them. For, oh, ages. Until one day I was digging through my quilting supplies, found the bag of blocks and went, "oh, I really need to finish that...how about I make it BIGGER!"


#wipwednesday #supernovafriendshipblockswap picking this up again. Don't know where the 12th block is, probably got lost in the move last year...

So I found myself making an extra four blocks - five, actually, since one of the blocks sent by Sandra had since gone missing. And that took, oh, another couple of years...

WIPs January 2017

Anyway, it's finally finished!

Summer meadow

Can you tell which blocks are mine (11) and which blocks are Sandra's (5)?

I'll hunt up a backing for this one and send it along to my quilter. It might suit for my half-brother's wedding in HK later this year...

3 comments:

  1. THose are pretty big blocks, aren't they? How big did the top turn out altogether?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely! Thanks for participating in the 2017 FAL on behalf of the global hosts!

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!