Monday, July 16, 2018

FINISHED: Plain Jane Passacaglia

Plain Jane Passacaglia
IT IS FINISHED!

Four years of piecing and sewing and piecing and giving up and piecing and oh dear heavens WHY did I choose this quilt and what was I thinking?

There was sewing and planning and sewing...so much planning and sewing...

Plain Jane Passacaglia

And retreats...at which there was more sewing...

Plain Jane Passacaglia

But I gotta say, the top looked quite stunning when finished:

Plain Jane Passacaglia

And the cats were really fond of it!

Plain Jane Passacaglia

Plain Jane Passacaglia

Plain Jane Passacaglia

Certainly the quilting on it is terribly amateur - my plans to use a friend's quilting frame with my domestic machine were stymied by the limitations of the throatspace on my domestic:

Plain Jane Passacaglia

So I just did the edges on the frame, and resolved to do the rest of the quilting in FMQ, off-frame, on my domestic.

Plain Jane Passacaglia

That didn't go as well as I might have liked. First time FMQ a full quilt on my domestic, even with rulers? Yeah, nope.

Plain Jane Passacaglia

Ah well, it's done - and after so very very long! 4 years to make it! Oy.

The next handsewing project is another quilt from Hammerstein's Millefiori Quilts book: Made By Restless Hands. I hope to get a start on that in Q3 2018. But more on that later...

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely brilliant - well done. All the time and diificulties involved will make this quilt all the more special.

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!