Monday, October 8, 2018

Q3 Finish: The Seaweed Is Always Greener quilt (mendocino mermaids)


Title: The Seaweed Is Always Greener
Finished

Another quilt that's taken entirely too long to finish.

Finish Along 2018: Q3

I got to Heather Ross' Mendocino Mermaids late - and only after I found a bolt each of the Gold Mermaids and Fuchsia Swimming Sisters at my LQS. From there, it became a madness: get all the collection. ALL THE COLLECTION.

Finish Along 2018: Q3

I don't want to think about how much I paid for some of these fabrics!

Finish Along 2018: Q3

But they are such lovely prints...

Finish Along 2018: Q3

In spite of the design (which I ended up rather disliking - too square, too boxy, not flow-y enough), I'm definitely keeping this one for myself!

Finish Along 2018: Q3

And, of course, it's inspectpurr approved!

Finish Along 2018: Q3

My Q3 list of things to finish is HERE.

2 comments:

  1. The hand of that fabric is like none I've ever experienced since. Gorgeous line and wonderful finish - now you can enjoy the fabrics by wrapping yourself in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to keep this beautiful quilt for yourself! Quilters are wonderful about sharing what they make...but you need some for yourself too. Congrats on another beautiful FAL finish.

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!