Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WIP Baby New York Festival Finishes!



One finish (sort of) and quite a few blocks done this week. The long weekend helped, although as usual, I didn't get as much done as I'd like.

finished
Floating Wildflowers

With the border and the quilting, although not with the binding yet. Tomorrow, perhaps.

floating wildflowers: quilted


It looks better than I dreamed it might! And so much grateful thanks to Jo of Thirroul Custom Quilting for pushing it to the top of her to-do list for urgency!


Work in Progress
Books And Blocks Bee

Finally having my 99 Modern Blocks book, I could start on this!

tessophia wanted the Boxed In block by Faith Jones in the same kinds of colours as the example in the book:

book and blocks bee: boxed in


So there's a couple of the Sanctuary collection by Patty Young, a couple of the Terrain collection by Kate Spain, a Secret Garden fabric by Sandi Henderson, and a couple of patterned colours from my stash.

Spin The Bobbin is next and she wants the Selvage Strings block in patriotic colours:

Patriotic selvage strings


My collection of fabrics doesn't feel quite right. Maybe it's because there's not enough white in it? Hm.

Baby Quilts

No pics for this one.

I'm not sure I particularly like the way I've done this quilt, but I don't really have any alternative options since I'm out of fabric. As it is, I accidentally cut up the fabric for the binding! D'oh! I'll have to go back and get more.

I need to lay it out and sew it. Maybe tomorrow...


New York Beauty

Finally got this party started! I did the fabric cutting on Saturday and started putting it all together that night!

So far, there are two Block 0s, one block 1, and one block 5!

New York Beauty blocks

New York Beauty blocks


And blocks 7&8 have some of their fabric pieces, but I still have to hunt up the rest. And print out their patterns...

New York Beauty: pieces



Festival of HSTs

Project 1: a cover for my Sony Reader!

I've been thinking of doing this for ages, but I never got to it until now.

HST festival: reader cover


Some assembly still required...

Behind Door Number 2 we have Japanese squares!

hst festival: Japanese themed HSTs


I have no idea what I'm doing with these. I could put together enough to make a tote bag, perhaps? Or perhaps very big mug rugs? I'm not much of a one for mini quilts: I prefer bed-sized ones.

But they sure are elegant!


No Progress
Still nothing on:
- Birthday Blocks (for my birthday block swap)
- Disappearing Harvest Squares (needs binding)

So go forth and check out what's going down at the linky-party over at Freshly Pieced!

6 comments:

  1. You have a lot of great projects going on here. I plan on doing the NYB but still haven't started...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of wonderful projects. I LOVE the NYBs, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of things going on! Love the Beauties! I will have to try the on point layout with mine... I never even thought about that! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of projects. The quilt looks great and I love your NYB blocks, very nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your NYB blocks are lovely! I think its time I made some more of these! Thank you for directing me to this post! Time gets away from us, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!