Thursday, April 19, 2012

WIP Wednesday

WIP Wednesday!



First, the good news.

I have a job again!

I received the offer yesterday afternoon, and replied back as soon as I'd read through the contract. It seems like a good workplace, positive, encouraging, interesting.

The bad news is that I won't have quite so much time for quilting...

My WIP Wednesdays may begin to look a little thin on the ground as I start projects...and never get around to finishing them. Let's hope not!

finished

You saw the unbound Floating Wildflowers last week: now check it out all bound and pretty!

Floating wildflowers quilt finished and on display

Floating Wildflowers - finished

The wedding was wonderful - probably the most spontaneously enjoyable wedding I've been to in a long long time. Most of my friends do the full formal thing, but this was a country wedding with class!

But I didn't end up giving them the present! Mostly because I wanted them to be able to open it while I was there (there was to be a bbq the morning after the wedding with present-opening and stuff, but due to some issues, it didn't eventuate as expected).

So I've still got it, all wrapped up and waiting!


Unbound

Mum's Impstar has come back from the quilter's!

Mum's ImpStar: quilted

The star pattern turned out really beautifully! Although I think the quilting makes it all a little busy, I don't think Mum will mind too much!

Now I have to find a binding fabric for it! This was a really difficult quilt to find a border for, so binding it is going to be awful...



Go Back To The Mountain, Turn The Quilt Around

So this one has a really long name, partly because the prints and colours made me think of Harry Belafonte and his segment on the Muppets, singing "Turn The World Around"



Ah, my childhood!

It was supposed to be the back for Central Park Boxes, but the quilter suggested that it be made into a quilt all its own.

Go back to the mountain, turn the quilt around.. .

I think it's turned out rather well, actually! Now I just have to find a binding for it. Maybe something in a nice brown-with-orange-patterns batik...


unfinished

Still the baby quilts. Which I have to get done today (Thursday), tomorrow, and Saturday, because next week I start a new job!


No Progress
  • New York Beauty
  • HST Festival
  • Birthday Blocks
  • Books and Blocks Bee block for April
  • Disappearing Harvest


Check out the week's WIPs over at Freshly Pieced, now!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhh Sel; I love your quilts...I can't pick a favorite; love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job! It's hard to balance everything, but you will be able to, I know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely beautiful quilts! And congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I awarded you the Liebster Award :) here are the details http://cassiescrafties.blogspot.com/2012/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!