Friday, June 8, 2012

WIP Whenever...

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I didn't forget about this. I just didn't manage to get it done before the linky party finished!

finishes

For Everything Else, There's Mastercard

The Heirloom top is done! Unfortunately I don't have a decent picture of it finished... heirloom

But it looks lovely, doesn't it? Still deciding if it needs a contrast colour to ease the richness of those golds and purples. Maybe the binding?

WIPs

Mum's Impstar

I finally found a binding! Timeless Treasures' Legacy range - which, incidentally, is a gorgeous 'brocade' range - had all the colours I needed in the right shades for the quilt.

Binding

Impstar

And so we bind! If I put some back into it, I can get it done and spread on their bed for Sunday night when they get home from a long weekend at Ayers Rock! Maybe. :)

Sanae Quilt

Sanae , Oh My!

Cutting has begun, although I haven't sewn anything together yet. I just hope there's enough to make a decent-sized quilt out of it!

Lumiere de Noel

I've had the fabric for at least four years, and still haven't done anything with it. On Saturday, at quilting group, I bit the bullet, decided that I'd make a mess of HSTs out of it, and use the cream and beige backgrounds and the scarlet accents to develop structure and design in the quilt when I laid it all out.

Lumiere de Noel

They need ironing and sewing together.

The Usual Suspects
1. New York Beauty
2. Go Back To The Jungle, Turn The quilt Around - binding
3. Disappearing Harvest - binding

And probably several other things I've forgotten about.

I have a long weekend in Australia (Queen's Birthday weekend) so I will be using some of that to go check out the linky party at Freshly Pieced!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!