Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WIP: the one with sketchiness

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Small steps this week.

It's hard to sew when the cat insists on stretching out on your supplies.

Kitteh and hexies

Some Vietnamese silk I bought to make a light summer throw.

Look at this stuff! #Vietnamesesilk

It's more slippery than I expected. I need to get some stiffener to make it marginally easier to handle.

More silk.

Six tubes for the 'round-the-world' quilt in Kona solids. When I'm done, I should have about 36 blocks, with 200 or so colours!

Round the world tubes

Plans for using up the layer cakes I have collected over the last couple of years.

Layer cake plans

Right now my big problem is that everywhere is in a mess - my bedroom, my sewing space, my study - and I feel like I can't get anything done until I clear it all up. And then there's always something else to do. *sigh*

I need to finish up my post of 2013 plans, but my recap of 2012 is up.

What have you been doing this week? Have you linked up at the Freshly Pieced linky party?

4 comments:

  1. Give kitty a needle and tell her/him to get basting. LOL Can't wait to see your lightweight throw. Those fabrics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silks are beautiful. I cannot image how hard they are to work with though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cat :) I have one of those, too. He must think he is a paper weight. The silks look beautiful, can't wait to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how it is to have a studio too messy to work in. What I haven;t figured out is why I keep struggling to work in it anyway instead of cleaning it up.

    Or is it because cleaning up means making quilts from all the scraps lying around, and that makes more of a mess?

    Your cat knows the GFG quilt will be for him (or her).

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!