Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Lockdown Looking Forward

Welp, Sydney is in lockdown and has been for four weeks.

It's likely to go quite a bit longer - if we're out before the end of September, I'll be pretty surprised. I could post about why, but that's not for this blog.

So, let's look at what I'm going to do quilting-wise during lockdown.

get together backings for:

  • my church friends quilts: the Rooftop Penny Patches: Yv, Me, Ca, Lo, Ru
  • 3:10 to mendocino
  • Valley of Kings
  • De La Luna Penny Patch
  • scarlet split squares
  • ...among others
Yeesh, I have a lot of quilt tops!

Otherwise:

  • finish column 4 of Handsewing project: the restless hands of Sel
  • finish mum's handbag
  • finish another scrap postage stamp
  • finish The Floor Is Lava
  • get the pieces cut up and sorted for the Plaidish Quilt

I might even try to wrestle the monstrosity of Break Free Or Build Upon through my quilting machine. Or maybe save that for a group sewing day when there's space and time.

At some point I really want to do another Swarm. I have a post about it and everything.

I've already sewn 2 stars for the Restless Hands, put together a Postage Stamp Quilt, edged a number of handkerchiefs, finished a couple of masks, and sorted through one box of scraps. So that's not terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!