Wednesday, January 24, 2024

WIP Wednesday: the one with organisation (sort of)

Okay, I need to finish off gifting quilts to my bible study group of the last five years. I've been intending to gift them a quilt for the last couple of years running, but now the group is splitting up (just switching things around and also different timings), so NOW IS THE TIME.

I feel like I need more quilt tops and designs to offer them. *sigh*

Also, I have collections that need using: Joel Dewberry, Kate Spain, Tula Pink, the Chinese silk I bought back in 2010... They're great collections, but they should be used together! 

QUILTING

I have five quilts to head off to the quilter, although she may only be able to do 3 of them. 2 are ones that I should be doing myself, but actually getting them done is the tricky part; I don't know if I have the time/energy to quilt them myself! Although it would also be good practice, right?

Quilter has time from next Thursday, which is later than I liked, but the response would be to give her a bucketload of quilts and then leave them in her care. I can do that, if I can get things together this weekend.

Break Free Or Build Upon - quilts 1&2 are the quilts that I have 

BINDING:

Still at least four to quilt. I should borrow L's tapemaker, I have that much tape to make... Although really the hardest part is selecting the binding. 

BORDERING:

Okay, I decided I would turn the French General 'backings' into tops. One rim-border in sharp scarlet, and then maybe a small 'extra' border in cream and pattern. So those need to be done. 

PIECING: 

As I said, I need more patterns - nice large, easy ones. I think doing more with the Disappearing 9-patch might be an idea, and can be done in many different styles and types and kinds. What about "A Year Of Disappearing 9-Patches" for a theme?

Curtains for the front windows.

Layer Cake Lollies pattern: here

Star Chain Quilt: here

Pop Shortcut Quilt:here

BACKING:

Tula Pink 'La Luna' quilt has been one of my Halloween hangs for a while - just put it up in the window, let everyone look at it. Need to actually back it and get it off to the quilter, so there's that. I think one of the postage stamp quilts also has to go.

THOUGHTS:

I need more batting. Must work out where's a good place to get it from - would much rather a LQS than a big organisation. I don't even know where the LQS are anymore after COVID, although there must be some still in existence...

And finally, some patterns that I spotted while travelling that would probably make great quilt tops!

Vacation sewing 2023

Quilting patterns

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!