Monday, February 13, 2012

The Generosity And Helpfulness of the Blogosphere

It's been pretty much a year since I started blogging here, and I'm nearly at 100 posts. It's been an interesting journey and learning experience, both following the BNQs (Big Name Quilters) and the 'little people' or friends I've met and made along the way.

And some people have been very lovely!

During the massive WIP Wednesday bloghop in November last year (the one where Lee of Freshly Pieced offered entry into a giveaway if you commented on every blog at the link party), Felicity of Felicity Quilts displayed a secret project with a very adorable flamingo fabric in it.

I inquired after the fabric and the maker, and discovered it was a scrap from a scrap pack she'd received from Elizabeth Harman of Oh, Fransson! A Google search showed it to be almost impossible to find, so I figured it was in the "twelfth of Never" category - ie. I had Buckley's of finding it. C'est la vie in the wonderful moving world of quilting fabric.

Then Buckley unexpectedly beat the odds! Felicity spotted some in a shop and bought me a half-yard of the fabric!

Flamingo print swap

We swapped fabrics - I sent her two fat quarters from my collection, she sent me a half yard of the flamingos.

And now I have flamingoes! Badly photographed flamingoes, alas, but flamingoes nonetheless!

This is one of the things I love about the quilting blogosphere: they're largely wonderful, helpful people willing to assist complete strangers. Oh, I've seen some bitchiness here and there - a few catty comments - but mostly, people are lovely.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! And what adorable flamingos :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it's a wonderful community. And your flamingos are fab!

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!