I feel like I've been making this forever! Probably because I promised Jenn of Penny Poppleton that I'd pattern test at the start of summer and then got...distracted by everything else going on. So I didn't actually start this until January!
And the HSTs went on forever.
It's not really, it just feels that way, with all the HSTs.
So many HSTs!
And I don't count my HSTs as I make them, so I have no idea if I have enough or if I need more!
And then I discover that, yes, I need more. And that I'm out of the exact feature fabric I used before, and that I'll have to improvise a little.
But slowly, it all starts to come together!
Just not as clearly-defined as I'd like!
Nevertheless - and with a little bit of emergency repairwork for a corner that was seriously short (as in, a 1/2" short of fabric along the diagonal - I finally made a big push to bring it all together!
Assisted by an adorbsable, yet unhelpful cat:
I admit, I wasn't very pleased by the lack of definition of the central star in the first pictures I took after I completed the quilt:
But in broad daylight and hung out to be viewed, the star does appear - and looks wonderfully subtle - as Jenn herself predicted over on instagram!
It's a ginormous quilt. about 85" square - but it'll be great for a queen-sized bed!