Saturday, March 2, 2019

Sydney Quilt Show: trying to decide

So, hello to any Spoolettes who've decided to follow this blog - I'll try to post more often, and hunt back your own posts. Life's just so busy these days, isn't it?

One more item on my 'to do' list right now is working out the second quilt I'll be entering into the Sydney Quilt Show this year.

First quilt is a no-brainer:
Stuff February 2019

I'll quilt it over the next few months (I hope) on my domestic machine

Second quilt?

Well, that's more difficult. I have a number of quilt tops that need quilting, and at this point, I'm mostly debating if I can be bothered quilting them myself.

My options are:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

Diamonds: finished!

Finished several years ago, as yet unquilted. Might as well do this one myself.


3:10 to Mendocino
Me in @cottonandsteel frock with happy, purry furry (Smokey), and the #310tomendocino in my workroom on a warm spring Sunday afternoon. #mendocinofabric #mendocinomermaids #yumaquilt #cats #catsofinstagram #advenchuresofsmokeyandmal

A lot more movement, a lot more interest, but that fabric is incredibly precious - it's original Mendocino Mermaids by Heather Ross!


Break Free Or Build Upon

Break Free Or Build Upon

I've been trying to enter it into the quilt show for the last two years and each time I was stymied by life, the universe, and everything.

--

I don't enter the quilt show to win prizes - my quilting's not that good. I enter to display new ideas, broaden minds, and/or make other people think, "Hey, I like that; maybe I could do that too?"

Thoughts?

If you want to go back through my posts and point out a quilt that you think I should enter, then be my guest! I don't promise to take your advice, but who knows? You might give me ideas I've never had before.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo! I love your top pick for the show work. A second one. . . I'm really digging the color blocking in Diamonds. Looks like a great one for creative quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!