Thursday, March 21, 2024

WIP Wednesday: the one with half a dozen quilts to bind!

GENERAL THINGS

The DX7 needs to go in for service. I think the last time it was in might be 5 years ago, so it probably needs retuning and everything. Now I need to find someone who can do electronic JUKIs. I have my TL-98 straight-stitcher for the binding that's needed right now, although I find I prefer to do the zigzag stitching for binding these days.

DRESSMAKING

'So Simplicity' top has gotten stuck. I've been trying to edge the hem with a twin needle, but the twin needle is causing the fabric to 'hump' between the two sewn lines on the top. I don't know how to get it to stop this. It might be that the fabric is just too delicate to actually lie flat. Or maybe it needs a stabiliser of some kind? Otherwise, I'll probably need to edge the hem, and then do the hem-stitch along the bottom. 

See Easy Top

BINDING:

I have 6 quilts back from the quilter, need to start binding them. Borrowed the 'binder-making machine from a friend to speed up the binding-making process. We'll see how sped up it gets.
1. cut the strips for the various quilt bindings
2. sew together with straight-stitch
3. make binding tapes
4. sew binding tape to each quilt

PIECING: 

Cousin M's Quilt is going nowhere. I got stuck on the colour scheme, and it doesn't feel right. Maybe I should just stick with the white background instead of the gold one?

Also, I need to do better quilt calculations. The current ones are kicking my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!