Wednesday, January 2, 2019

2019 Finish-Along!


Overall, there are scads of things I want to get done this year. But there are scads of things I want to get done every year. This last year has been quiet on the quilting front, because I've been focused on getting a garden system working, and I think it's pretty much worked out now with some refining possibly necessary.

Finishing off


bindings
- Jeremy's Quilt
- Birthday Stars

backings
- friendship supernova
- 3:10 to Yuma

New quilts

cousin quilts
- 4 cousin quilts
- 3 cousin quilts
- 2 cousin quilts

Imp Quilts
- Dan and Cam quilts

Works In Progress

The list for the All People Quilt UFO Challenge (#apqresolution)

- Kona Scrappy Trip Around the World - 2 blocks finished, make another 14 blocks and join
- Build Me Up Buttercup - top centre finished, needs a border
- 100 Kona-Tula Blocks - blocks made, needs sashing
Finish Along 2018: Q4
- Scarlet Split Square - blocks made, needs joining
- Bard of Avon - scrappy - 1 block made, other blocks bagged and ready to go
- blue stars from 50 states - a couple made, have templates, make at least 3 more
- king of the nile - make backing, send to quilter
- QAYG FMQ blocks - 6 done badly, do another 6 and practice ("I Guess If I Practice Then Better I'll Be...Uh...")
- Dancing Stars/Fibonacci Never Did Quiltmath/Kona-Tula scraps - find these projects and get them done
- Rainbow Neutrals - rainbow colours, but pattern from book of Neutrals
- Break Free or Build Upon? - back and sandwiched, but split into two
- Rainbow Selvages - ~12 blocks done, need many more

clothing

Finish Along 2018: Q4
- flower shirt
- halterneck dress
- a comfy shift-dress
- a pretty going-out dress
- take the sleeves off 'Groove Is In The Heart'
- Harriet bra
- Sierra bralette

miscellaneous

- make mother a laptop case

Am I going to find the time to do all this? While doing up my garden, writing a couple of novels, keeping house, and working?

Probably not. That's okay. I tried.

I'm also going to majorly destash this year - I have too much fabric that I'm not going to use. Also, I'm kind of broke right now on account of not having a job, but the bills still need paying. So quite a bit of it will go, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!