Thursday, April 9, 2015

Quilt Thoughts for Q1 2015

So, I haven't done half of what I wanted in Q1 of 2015. Had a big sewjo slump, couldn't get back on the unicorn.

It's time to revise from our very ambitious plan back in January. Life happens, goals have to shift. This is not a bad thing.

So these are the major goals for Q2 of 2015.

The biggest things are:

1. Swarm: which needs to be done for the Sydney Quilt Show

2. Snowflakes: again, needs to be done for the Sydney Quilt Show

3. Retro Autumn: which I'm thinking of doing for the Australian Modern Quilt Show (because brown is not modern).

4. Tula Pink Mini Swap: I don't know what I was thinking.

These things have deadlines, and therefore Must Be Done.

Things that are important but not urgent

5. Curtains for the house: WINTER IS COMING (sorry, had to be said) and we still don't really have curtains on the windows of the new house. Not that they'll help all that much without pelmets (which my sister is looking at getting; we're pretty obsessive about ways to minimise energy loss from the house).

6. 1920s dress: a friend is coming down from the US in June. I know her from fandom, but she's also a sewist - costumes and dresses rather than quilts, although her MIL quilts. And she's coming to see a Miss Fisher Mysteries costume tour in Melbourne, so we're dressing up and going to a speakeasy and an afternoon tea. And I simply must have something new to wear! (Ooh, she'll be here for the Sydney Craft And Quilt Fair!)

7. quilt backings: I want to get these done so we have a slew of quilts for the winter.

That's Q2, when the gardening will be a little quieter (maybe) and the hockey has begun (so unfit) and the sister and I work out how winter actually works in this house. (It's gonna be cold out there, folks.)

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be busy. I look forward to seeing all your finished products.

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer every comment made, but if I forget to respond to you, I sincerely apologise! Thanks so much for coming by and commenting!